Monday, June 7, 2010

Naomi's Tinker Bell Party

NAOMI IS TWO!
Naomi is crazy about Tinker Bell! We've watched "The Lost Treasure" about a 2 million times. So, of course, we had to have a Tinker Bell Party.
I only make birthday cakes for Mary Grace and Naomi. So that's only 2 a year! And I've never taken any of those Wilton Cake Decorating Classes, which would come in handy. Each birthday I get so excited and the ideas start flowing through my thick head. I always have such grand ideas for their birthdays. Then the day comes when I have to decorate this cake that I have so cleverly imagined!
AAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Each birthday I just want someone to remind me that cake decorating is not my thing!!!! And I could have ordered the cake with a lot less stress and probably a lot less money too!

Nevertheless, the party was a huge success! We are blessed to have such wonderful friends and family! Everyone had a fabulous time at the Tinker Bell Party/Cookout. And the cake, well it did taste very good! Here are a few random photos...

The finished cake

The "Birthday Girl"

The chocolate part was all hers

Opening gifts with Daddy

Just a few of the happy party crashers

No comments:

Post a Comment