Friday, July 9, 2010

Fun Fourth



Family Fourth of July!


Our July Fourth lasted all weekend this year. Beginning with a cookout at my Aunt Mary's house on Saturday night. My Aunt Sue and Uncle Bill were visiting from Florida. And my Uncle John and Aunt Rosalie were in from Greenville, NC. I never appreciated having a large extended family when I was younger but now that I have children of my own, I really love getting together with everyone. And I really miss the ones who have passed and those who just couldn't make it.


We talk and eat! Then the girls always want to go swimming in Aunt Mary's pond. I was surprised that Naomi stayed in the water. She is not a big water lover. Mary Grace, on the other hand, is not afraid of anything! And she LOVES the water. We can't keep her out of it.


Sunday, we went to church as usual. I had children's church with the pre-schoolers, so we made many red, white & blue crafts. Then we took my mom and step-dad out to lunch for Mom's 60th birthday! Happy Birthday Mom!!!



Later that evening we were invited to the Kelly's for a cookout and fireworks. The food was awesome and the girls got to play with all their friends.


All in all, we had a very busy and exciting Fourth of July spent with wonderful family and friends.


Swimming in the pond



Mary Grace with her sparkler






Ashley with his!



Aunt Sue helping Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment