Monday, July 19, 2010

FUN IN THE SUN


Family Summer Vacation 2010

We just returned from a wonderful family trip to the beach. We spent one whole week together at the beautiful beach at Emerald Isle, NC. This was our first time at this beach and I have to say WE LOVED IT! We will definitely be going back! The beach was pretty clean, it wasn't crowded, and the locals were super nice. We stayed at a beautiful house that was walking distance to the beach (only a couple minutes walk). This was the first time we've had a family vacation when one or all of us wasn't home sick by the third day.


Mary Grace LOVES the beach. If we would have taken our pets with us, she would have stayed there forever! This girl was a fish in a former life! We couldn't keep her out of the water. We have to constantly keep an eye on this one because she'll be out, over her head before you know it! NO FEAR!


This was Naomi's first visit to the ocean - and I think she liked it! Unlike her older sister, she wasn't overly thrilled about the water. Most of the time she wanted Mommy to sit in the chair so she could sit on my lap and watch the people walk by. She did play in the sand - some, and in the water - some! But mostly, she sat on my lap! (I have a very unusual tan)


Our friends, Bob & Maggie, and their girls, Lenita & Madelyn came down for the weekend. We had a great time with them and hated to see them leave on Sunday. The girls have so much fun playing together. I can see them getting into a lot of trouble together as they get older! And I owe Maggie BIG! I forgot to take my camera to the beach on the first day. So she took some wonderful photos of Naomi for me on her first day in the sand! XOXO!



Mary Grace. My little surfer girl!




Naomi. Mama's girl at the beach!






We had a fantastic time! I can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment